This is a matter of personal preference. In general, the flash interface is more MAC like and may appeal more to MAC users. The HTML interface is somewhat simpler and may appeal to Windows users. You MUST have Adobe Flash loaded to use the Flash interface.
- Do you have the latest version of Java loaded? If not, you can download it here.
- If using the Flash interface, in addition to Java, you must have Adobe flash loaded. If not, you can download it here.
- If you have both Java and Flash installed there may be a communications issue. Can you open a separate browser window? If so, please contact your CSR to insure that our FTP server is operating correctly.
When you disconnect the upload session you should automatically receive a confirmation email that details the filename, the size, and the transfer speed of all files you uploaded. Our Graphics department, you, and your CSR representative receive the same email. This email is sent automatically triggered by you disconnecting from the FTP server. Your session will time out and disconnect automatically after 15 minutes of non-activity. If you do not get this email within 10 minutes of disconnection you should contact your CSR or the Graphics department.
Files uploaded to our FTP server typically are moved to our Graphics departmental server within minutes of upload for efficiency and security reasons. The files may not remain on the FTP server for long. You can rely on the confirmation email that is sent to the your email address(es) we setup up in our system for notification.
Any directory at, or below, a directory named "proofs" is assumed to be a proof that is there for you download and approve. Obviously, we don't want to remove a proof until you can view it. DO NOT UPLOAD FILES TO THE PROOFS DIRECTORY OR ANY CHILDREN OF THE PROOFS DIRCTORY.
- The Browser uploader lets you choose single or multiple files, and add them to the upload. It gives real time feedback as the upload progresses, including estimated time remaining and a progress bar.
- The Crush uploader is similar to the browser uploader with some more advanced options. You can upload whole folders at once, and it can also do compression while its uploading. It too gives you real time feedback as its uploading.
- We strongly recommend the use of the Crush uploader with the "Auto-Zipped" option checked. You can add individual files or whole directories. The files are all zipped into a package that will minimize your upload time and preserve your fonts for our graphics department.
These interfaces function in exactly the same manner as the "Browser" and the "Crush" uploader on the HTML screen. Like the "Crush" uploader, the "Advanced" uploader will zip all the various files and directories if the "Zip" checkbox is checked when you click on the "Start Upload" button.